My general mood lately.
Sketchbook Archive: Coors Book #7
Materials used : Sugar packets, cheese stickers, labels, collage pieces from floral magazines, Starbucks ephemera, watercolor, graphite, and crayon.
Panda cub Bao Bao makes public debut at National Zoo
NBC Washington: 5-month-old panda cub Bao Bao made her public debut at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C., on Saturday to a crowd of eager spectators.
The zoo says the panda house will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Visitors will be allowed into the building in small groups to avoid overcrowding.
Bao Bao may be visible inside or outside, depending on the day, curators said. The amount of time she and her mom, Mei Xiang, will be on view will depend on their behavior each day.
Photo: AP File Photo via NBCNews.com
With avocado season upon us, it seems only fitting that we pay a little more attention to this rich, creamy, and healthy fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!). While most people associate avocados with guacamole, today we’ve put together a collection of creative and unique recipes to show you how versatile avocados can truly be! Whether whipped into a creamy spread, baked into some of the most delicious “fries” you’ve ever had, or blended into a sauce for pasta and more, the intense green color and subtle creamy texture of avocados is “ripe” for picking. And yes, there’s dessert too!
- Avocado Hummus: Swap out some of the chickpeas in a traditional hummus for avocado, giving this dip a beautiful green hue and extra creamy texture. (Recipe and photo: Kiran Tarun)
- Avocado Fries with Lemon Garlic Aioli: The first time we had cooked avocado, we were floored! Slices of avocado are breaded and baked until crispy then served with a cool garlic-y sauce for dipping. (Recipe and photo: Ginger Bear Kitchen)
- Grapefruit and Avocado Salad: This is the perfect clean-eating salad. Tart ruby red grapefruit and creamy pieces of avocado are served on top of a bed of spinach with an intense cassis vinaigrette. (Recipe and photo: Katie at the Kitchen Door)
- Strawberry Avocado Gorgonzola Salad: A party of colors and flavors! This crunchy, creamy, tangy, and sweet salad uses a bounty of fresh ingredients for a healthy lunch. (Recipe and photo: Sprinkled with Flour)
- Grilled Avocado Sandwich: Who needs grilled cheese when you can have grilled avocado? The toasty crust of the bread leads into a creamy shmear of avocado, crunchy slices of radish, and spicy pickled jalapenos for a tex-mex inspired sandwich. (via Bird & Cleaver)
- Green Quinoa Salad: This Mediterranean-inspired salad pairs quinoa with olives, mint, parsley, celery, and avocado for an easy and elegant salad that’s delicious served chilled or at room temp. (Recipe and photo: The Iron You)
- Creamy Avocado and Gouda Pasta: What a genius idea! Pureeing avocado with shredded gouda, pine nuts, and garlic turns it into a reinvented “pesto” that melts into a creamy sauce when tossed with hot pasta. (Recipe and photo: Half Baked Harvest)
- Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce: These crispy yet healthy fritters get a smoky kick from chipotle chili powder and cumin. Kevin turns the avocados into a creamy buttermilk dressing to cool you off. (Recipe and photo: Closet Cooking)
- Avocado Ice Cream: The subtle sweetness of avocados is perfect for dessert! This may sound strange but cultures around the world have been using avocados in sweets for years. This recipes is Vietnamese-inspired with sweetened condensed milk and a squeeze of lime. (Recipe and photo: Girl Cooks World)
Just quietly, I am a mean cook #breakfast #paleo #whole30 #yum #recipes #cleaneating
Smoothies - As Requested!
Interested in Clean Eating?
Please checkout our friends at PrimalSupply & like their page!
Follow us for future updates.